The Vancouver cenotaph is in Victory Square, a small park at the corner of West Hastings and Cambie Streets. The cenotaph was unveiled in 1924. The obelisk is triangular to fit the shape of the park.
A Vancouver Historical Society plaque in the park describes how the space has changed over the years. In 1918, returning soldiers used the site to reconstruct front-line trenches to raise money for widows and dependents. In 1935, unemployed workers gathered for demonstrations. Early in this century, the surrounding park was relandscaped. Shades on the new light standards in the park are soldier helmets.
Wreathes placed on ANZAC Day can be seen in these photos.