The Canadian Phalanx, by sculptor Ivan Mestrovic, guards the Memorial Arch that joins the East and West Memorial Buildings on Lyon Street at Wellington. It is part of the vast Canadian War Memorial collection, commissioned to document Canada’s participation in the war. The collection was given as a gift to Canada in 1920. The marble relief was set in the granite frame in 1972.
Click on any photo to view the gallery.