This painting by Gerald Moira hangs in the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa. It is part of the Beaverbrook Collection of War Art.
In late 1916, after seven months in Boulonge, No 3 Stationary Hospital was sent to Doullens, north of Amiens, France. It was housed in a 15th century citadel outside the town, well away from military and railway installations for fear of bombing attacks. During the Allied retreat in the spring of 1918, the hospital was very active. It was bombed on the last two days of May. Two surgeons, three nursing sisters, four patients, and sixteen orderlies were killed.