A stained glass window in the Redpath Library at McGill University is “in memory of 23 members of the McGill chapter of Delta Upsilon who gave their lives in the Great War.”
St. George, wearing the tabard of Delta Upsilon, stands over a slain dragon. Above him are the crests of the Governor General of Canada and McGill University (Grandescunt aucta labore: By work, all things increase and grow). On the left panel are crests of the Royal Air Force, the Canadian Military Engineers and the Canadian Machine Gun Corps. On the right, another McGill crest, the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery (Quo fas et gloria ducunt: Whither right and glory lead) and the Canadian Medical Corps. Perhaps units in which members had served.
The window was given to the DU fraternity in 1930 by Margaret Duggan, sister of Herrick Duggan, one of the fraternity alumni killed in the war. It was placed in the fraternity’s house on McTavish St. In 1974, the fraternity sold its house and presented the window to the university in memory of its members killed in both world wars. It is now in the Redpath Library staircase outside the entrance of the Blackader-Lauterman Library of Architecture and Art, overlooking its old premises.