Lots going on in Veteran’s Memorial Park, where Main St S (Hwy 6) meets Miller St and Parkside Dr in Mount Forest:
- a stone cenotaph, with newish brass plaques naming those who died in WW1 and WW2
- a park dedication stone, “to the men and women of Mount Forest and area who served their country in war time helping preserve world peace,” placed by the local Legion Branch in 2001
- flags of Canada, Ontario and five military branches
- a tree sculpture of a soldier’s helmet, boots and rifle
- benches, lighting, gardens, planters and part of a tank.
But I can find nothing easily about the history of any of these elements.