Christ Church Cathedral, at 168 Church St in Fredericton, New Brunswick, was built in the gothic revival style in the mid-1800s and rebuilt in 1911-1912 after lightning struck and fire gutted the spire and choir.
The memorial to the members of the congregation who fell in WW1 takes the form of a bronze tablet below a cross of stones set into the southwest tower pier. The stones were from ruined altars in the Cathedrals of Arras and Ypres, brought by the Rt Rev J A Richardson, Bishop of Fredericton at the time.
Thirteen parishioners are remembered:
- Private Walter Geoffrey Bidlake
- Private John W “Morris” Charnley (foster brother of Albert and Robert Morris)
- Private Percy Winslow Grant
- Lt Cyprian Alfred Thompson
- Private Albert Morris (brother of Robert)
- Private Robert Morris, Jr (brother of Albert)
- Harry T Share
- Corporal Lawrence Shuster Sherman
- Lieutenant Lawrence Fitzggerald Webster
- Gunner Allen R Wetmore
- Lieutenant Rainsford Hannay Winslow (brother of Jasper)
- Lieutenant Jasper A Winslow (brother of Rainsford)
- Private Alfred James Wright
The New Brunswick Public Archives has documented the lives of Fredericton soldiers who died in WW1 in the Fredericton Soldier Biography History Initiative.