Erected by members of the Toronto Districts Sons of England Benefit Society in memory of those who fell in the Great War.
The memorial is comprised of a bronze statue of a lone soldier atop a granite pedestal on which the names are inset. Three lions (symbol of England) flank the centre pedestal. The sculptor was Charles Adamson. The monument was dedicated in December 1923 at University and College Avenues. It was moved to the boulevard on University Avenue at Elm Street some time later. The inset style of lettering is hard to read. The list includes four juvenile members.
Click on any photo to view the gallery.