About 300 University of New Brunswick (UNB) graduates and students enlisted in WW1. Of these, 35 did not return. They are remembered on the campus in Memorial Hall.
The cornerstone was laid on 23 July 1923 by Governor General Byng, and the brick building opened in May 1924. Over the door entering the auditorium, a bronze plaque lists 35 names. Stained glass windows were installed in the auditorium starting in 1926. These have recently been restored. Continue reading